Europe Camp: Summer 2018
6th International Summer Music Camp 2018
We invite pianists, violinists, cellists, and vocalists (to participate in two youth operas) to join us for a summer of music in beautiful France and Belgium.
This year, the first segment of the program will be held at the Conservatoire de St. Maur, just a 20 minute train ride away from the center of Paris, France, and the second segment in the beautiful city of Bruges, Belgium, the "Venice of the North!"
NEW THIS YEAR! English and Chinese Classes AND CHILDREN'S Opera! We strive to provide an immersive musical and cultural atmosphere for young music students. Participants in the programs will take applied private lessons with world-renowned artists each day, as well as classes in music theory, solfege, sight-reading, chamber music, yoga for musicians and Chinese. NEW THIS YEAR! Children's OPERA! Students will also have opportunities to sightsee. They will attend the famous Bastille Day fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, as well as the other sights of Paris, visit the canals and beautiful ruins in Bruges, just to name a few.
Participation in our program will benefit your young musicians by opening their eyes to the world, setting them apart on college and/or job applications, and by helping them in their consideration for awards and scholarships. In our 18 years of running study abroad programs, music students have returned home more confident and eager to continue learning music.
A Typical Day in France
- 9am – 10am: Yoga
- 9am – noon: Applied lessons/practice
- 10am - 12:30: Childen's opera rehearsal
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Lunch break
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm: Chinese classes (group 1)
- 1:30 - 2:15pm: English classes (beginners)
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm: Classes (Theory, Sight-reading, Improvisation, Solfege, Music Literature, and History)
- 2:15pm – 3pm: English classes (intermediate)
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm: Chinese classes (group 2)
- 3pm – 7pm: Practice instruments & chamber music classes
- 3pm - 3:45pm: English classes (advanced)
- 4pm - 6:30pm: Children's opera rehearsal
- 6:30pm – evening: Sight-seeing in Paris
Friday July 13th and Friday the 20th student concerts will be held at the conservatory at 5pm and 8pm.
Saturday, July 21st, Faculty concert with selected students will be held at the conservatory at 8pm.
A Typical Day in Belgium
- 7:30am – 8:30am: Breakfast
- 8am-9am: Yoga
- 9am – 12:30pm: Applied lessons/practice
- 12:30pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch break
- 2:30 pm – 11 pm:
- Chamber music
- Dinner (served at 7pm sharp)
The total cost for this trip for North American students is $4880.
This total includes:
- Roundtrip plane tickets from any cities on the Eastern half of the USA
- Transportation from Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France to the Hotel in Saint-Maur
- Weekly Paris Metro Pass
- Tuitions (France AND Belgium)
- Hotel: 2 or 4 people per room in Saint-Maur (France) and Bruges (Belgium)
- All faculty concerts
- Ticket from Paris to Bruges
- Transportation from Bruges to Brussels International Airport
This total DOES NOT include:
- Food (for the French portion of the trip)
- Personal expenses (gifts, detergents, soap, perfume, clothes etc.)
Pricing Timeline (Total $4880)
- February 15, 2018 (Registration Fee): $40
- March 10, 2018 (Reservation Fee): $2000
- March 30, 2018 (Remaining Balance): $2880