Europe Camp: Summer 2020
8th International Summer Music Camp 2020
We invite pianists, violinists, cellists, and vocalists (to participate in two youth operas) to join us for a summer of music in beautiful France in the outskirt of Paris.
This year, the first segment of the program will be held at the Conservatoire de St. Maur, just a 20 minute train ride away from the center of Paris, France.
NEW THIS YEAR! English classes! We strive to provide an immersive musical and cultural atmosphere for young music students. Participants in the programs will take applied private lessons with world-renowned artists each day, as well as classes in music theory, solfege, sight-reading, chamber music, yoga for musicians and Chinese. Students will also have opportunities to sightsee. They will attend the famous Bastille Day fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, as well as the other sights of Paris.
Participation in our program will benefit your young musicians by opening their eyes to the world, setting them apart on college and/or job applications, and by helping them in their consideration for awards and scholarships. In our 19 years of running study abroad programs, music students have returned home more confident and eager to continue learning music.
A Typical Day in France
- 9am – 10am: Yoga
- 9am – noon: Applied lessons/practice
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Lunch break
- 1:30 – 2:15pm: English classes (beginners)
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm: Classes (Theory, Sight-reading, Improvisation, Solfege, Music Literature, and History)
- 2:15pm – 3pm: English classes (intermediate)
- 3pm – 7pm: Practice instruments & chamber music classes
- 3pm – 3:45pm: English classes (advanced)
- 6:30pm – evening: Sight-seeing in Paris
Saturday, July 11th and Saturday the 18th, Faculty concert with selected students will be held at the conservatory from 2pm until 10pm in three different sessions. Faculties will perform in each sessions.
The total cost for this trip for North American students is $3580.
This total includes:
- Roundtrip plane tickets from any cities on the Eastern half of the USA
- Transportation from Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France to the Hotel in Saint-Maur
- Weekly Paris Metro Pass
- Hotel: 2 or 4 people per room in Saint-Maur.
- All faculty concerts
This total DOES NOT include:
- Personal expenses (gifts, detergents, soap, perfume, clothes etc.)
Pricing Timeline (Total $3580)
- February 15, 2020 (Registration Fee): $40
- March 10, 2020 (Reservation Fee): $2580
- April 25, 2020 (Remaining Balance): $1000